Select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu. Make a selection from the list of smart TVs that are compatible with Apple TV or AirPlay 2. If an AirPlay passcode shows on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your iOS device to connect to the AirPlay service. Start by launching the FaceTime app and initiating a video call in the regular manner after screen mirroring has been achieved.
You may also start a SharePlay session from any of the streaming applications that are supported.
- Launch your streaming application
- Find a film or television show that you would want to share with others. Select the Menu or the Share buttons from the drop-down menu.
- Select SharePlay from the menu bar, and then input the names of the people you wish to call.
- To begin a FaceTime video call, tap the FaceTime button.
- Initiate the video
How do I return to a FaceTime call on my TV?
- The picture in picture tile on top of the video streaming app may be used to return to a FaceTime session if you want to.
- If you don’t already have access to the material, you’ll be prompted to sign up for a membership, make a purchase, or participate in a free trial, if one is available.
- Learn how to utilize SharePlay to view material together in FaceTime on your Apple TV by watching the video below.
How do I watch movies or TV shows on FaceTime?
Then, using the swiping up motion from the bottom edge of the FaceTime call, launch a video streaming application that supports SharePlay. Select a movie or television show and hit the ″play″ button. When asked, select SharePlay.
Can you use FaceTime on Apple TV?
- ″But a FaceTime app doesn’t exist on the Apple TV,″ you might be thinking.
- ″How come?″ Also accurate; however, there is a solution that you may take use of by utilizing AirPlay on your computer.
- Even while you’ll still need your iPhone or iPad to make it work, after you’ve gotten it set up, you can sit back and relax without having to uncomfortably hold your mobile device in front of your face.