It is common for your MAG set top box to freeze or pause during playback if it has not stored enough data to allow for a continuous smooth playback. To remedy this, increase the buffer size on your set top box. Select “Change Buffer Length in Seconds” on the next screen, and then use the left or right arrows to raise or decrease the buffer length in seconds before pressing “OK” to save your changes.
What is causing my image to freeze on my Mag?
- In most cases, freezing and visual stalling indicate that your MAG set-top box has not stored enough data to allow for a continuous smooth playing and that your buffer size has to be increased.
- 1 Why does my IPTV box keep freezing?
- 2 How do I reset my mag IPTV box?
- 3 How do you refresh a mag box?
- 4 How do you keep a mag box from freezing?
- 5 Can you clear cache on a mag box?
- 6 Why does my streaming box keep freezing?
- 7 How do I reset my MAG 254 remote?
- 8 How do I update STB firmware?
- 9 How do I update my set-top box software?
Why does my IPTV box keep freezing?
The most common causes of channel freezing and buffering in IPTV services are internet speed, the selection of appropriate middleware, the quality of the server, and other factors. When it comes to loading and freezing issues, the internet speed is the first and most important factor to consider.
How do I reset my mag IPTV box?
Restoring Your MAG Box to Its Factory Settings To begin, unplug the MAG box from the power source or remove the power adapter from the back of the unit (if applicable). After that, reconnect the cables to restart the MAG box. Press and hold the “Menu” button on your MAG remote control for a few seconds to complete the process. Please do not depress the button!
How do you refresh a mag box?
Changes may be made from the Settings menu.
- Open the Embedded portal’s Settings menu
- choose Software autoupdate
- and save your changes. To manually update the information in the newly created window, press F2 on the RC.
- Select the needed software version from the Software autoupdate window that has been opened
- Select Update (F1) from the menu bar
- Wait for the STB to be updated before continuing.
How do you keep a mag box from freezing?
Press the left arrow button on your remote to navigate to “Settings” and press “OK” on the next screen, use the left and right arrows to increase or decrease the buffer length in seconds and then press “OK” to save your changes. Press the down arrow button on your remote to navigate to “Advanced Settings” and press “OK.”
Can you clear cache on a mag box?
Select the Apps option from the Device drop-down menu. Choose the program whose cache you want to remove and click on it. 4. Select Clear cache from the drop-down menu.
Why does my streaming box keep freezing?
Re-buffering is caused by fluctuations in the speed of your Internet connection. Aside from that, having many devices on your home network that are all consuming bandwidth at the same time might cause the entire network to slow down. Attempt to switch off all other devices in order to improve the streaming experience.
How do I reset my MAG 254 remote?
Restore the factory settings of the STB remote control. Press and hold the SETUP and OK keys at the same time for 2 seconds to complete the process. The red LED will flash five times. The reset has been completed (all programmed sections of STB remote is reset).
How do I update STB firmware?
Updates are done manually.
- Select Settings / About / System update from the menu bar. Select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu. The system will notify you whenever an update is available and will provide a brief description of the new version.
How do I update my set-top box software?
Press and hold the “menu” button in front of your set-top box for at least 8 seconds to activate the menu. On the screen, you will see the words “forced software upgrade.” When you click on the OK (red button), a menu box will appear; click on the OK button once again.