- Connect your Mac to your television set. Connect one end of the video cable (or an adapter, if necessary) to the computer’s Thunderbolt port, HDMI port, or DVI port, and then connect the other end of the video cable to the computer’s DVI port, HDMI port, or Thunderbolt port.
- You may change the resolution of your television by going to the Apple menu > System Preferences, clicking Displays, and then clicking Display.
- Provide me with access to the Display pane
- If you want your HDTV to play both audio and video from your Mac, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, select Sound, and then click Output
- Otherwise, follow the steps below.
On your Mac Computer
- Select AirPlay from the menu bar by clicking on the icon.
- Select your Apple TV from the drop-down menu beneath ‘AirPlay To’ (this one is labeled Living Room).
- Make sure that Mirror Built-in Retina Display is chosen under the ‘Airplay: Location’ heading. As soon as an item has been correctly picked, check marks will display beside it.
How to use Apple TV on Mac?
- You may enable mirroring choices in the menu bar of your Mac by going to the Apple Icon > System Preferences > Displays and checking the box that says ″Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.″ 3) Select Apple TV from the AirPlay drop-down menu.
- After that, you should see your display appear on your television.
- As a result, you may utilize the bigger screen in conjunction with your Mac’s display.
How to use Apple TV as a separate display?
Connecting and AirPlaying with your Apple TV is as simple as following the procedures outlined above. Afterwards, pick Use As a Separate Display from the drop-down option that appears when you click the AirPlay button in your menu bar. You may now drag and drop applications onto the Apple TV’s display or open them directly from the display.
How do I mirror my Smart TV to my MacBook Pro?
In order to begin, make sure that both your compatible smart TV and MacBook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. On your Mac, go to the ‘Control Center’ icon in the menu bar and select ‘Screen Mirroring’ from the drop-down menu. If you do not see the option, go to the Apple menu bar and select System Preferences > Displays from the drop-down menu.
How do I get a big view on my Apple TV?
Put those kinds of items on your Apple TV screen for a wonderful, expansive perspective. 1) Make sure your Apple TV is turned on and that it is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac. 2) In your menu bar, select the AirPlay button to begin streaming.