- The quickest and most straightforward method of configuring your TiVo remote to operate with your television is to search for the appropriate code.
- Check to ensure that both your television and your TiVo box are operational.
- Press and hold down the buttons on the remote control at the same time until the green light on the top of the remote flashes twice.
- Enter the code 0999 to get access to the TV code database – the LED will flash green twice once you have entered the code.
Program your remote
- To access the TiVo Central settings and messages, go to ‘Settings & Messages.’
- Select ‘Remote, CableCARD, and Devices’ from the drop-down menu.
- ‘Remote Control Setup’ is the option to select.
- To program your remote, follow the on-screen instructions as follows: Complete Part 1 to be able to control the power, volume, and mute capabilities on your television
- 1 How do I use the TiVo remote control?
- 2 How do I Turn Off the sound on my TiVo TV?
- 3 Where is the power button on a TiVo TV?
- 4 How do I change the volume on my TiVo receiver?
- 5 Why won’t my TiVo remote pair with my TV?
- 6 Is TiVo remote IR or RF?
- 7 How do I reset my TiVo remote control?
- 8 How do you pair remotes?
- 9 Is there a universal remote that works with TiVo?
How do I use the TiVo remote control?
Turn on and off your television or receiver, as well as control the volume, with your TiVo remote. Using the TiVo remote control, you may change the stations on your TV and show the TiVo menus on your television automatically. The instructions provided below will explain how to set the TiVo remote to operate the specific brand of television or audiovisual receiver that you have.
How do I Turn Off the sound on my TiVo TV?
Turn down or mute the sound on your TV via the TV remote control (not the TiVo remote); once you’ve selected an A/V receiver code, the TiVo remote will control the power on your TV, but not the TV volume or mute features.
The TV POWER button is located at the top of the screen, directly to the left of the TiVo button. Using the TV POWER button on your remote to switch on and off your television if you’ve set your remote to manage the power, mute, and volume of your television The INPUT button is located underneath the TV POWER button.
How do I change the volume on my TiVo receiver?
Set A/V Volume and Mute should be highlighted on the REMOTE CONTROL SETUP screen, and then OK/Select should be selected. Make use of the up/down arrows or the Ch (channel) up/down buttons on the TiVo remote to draw attention to the brand of your A/V receiver. (The TV remote codes will show on the screen of your television.) 2.
Why won’t my TiVo remote pair with my TV?
Whenever you click a button on the TiVo remote, the remote indicator light should begin to flicker, either amber or red, depending on which button you are pushing. Alternatively, if the remote indicator light does not flash, you may want to try a different set of batteries in your TiVo remote and double-check that the batteries are properly placed.
Is TiVo remote IR or RF?
The basic TiVo remote control is capable of transmitting data through radio frequency (RF) and infrared (IR) signals. An RF remote control can ″see″ the RF sensor, regardless of whether it is visible to the user’s eyes or not. However, in order for IR transmission to work, the remote control must be able to ″see″ the IR sensor located on the front of the recorder.
How do I reset my TiVo remote control?
To change the remote control address, follow these steps:
- For 5 seconds, keep the Pause and TiVo buttons pressed down until the red light (or amber light for Premiere remotes) on the remote starts blinking
- Then release the buttons.
- Enter 0 by using the number buttons on your keyboard. Any DVR may be controlled by a remote control with the remote address set to 0.
How do you pair remotes?
Pairing or re-pairing the Voice command remote control (Touchpad Remote Control) with the television is accomplished as follows:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control that was provided.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- To access the Touchpad Remote Control options, navigate to the Network & Accessories section.
- Select Pair Touchpad Remote Control from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the task.
Is there a universal remote that works with TiVo?
In addition, this factory-original TiVo Peanut remote is a universal replacement that is fully compatible with all TiVo Premiere DVRs, all TiVo Series3 DVRs, all TiVo Series2 DVRs, all TiVo DVRs manufactured by Philips, Samsung, RCA, and other manufacturers.