- The quickest and most straightforward method of configuring your TiVo remote to operate with your television is to search for the appropriate code.
- Check to ensure that both your television and your TiVo box are operational.
- Press and hold down the buttons on the remote control at the same time until the green light on the top of the remote flashes twice.
- Enter the code 0999 to get access to the TV code database – the LED will flash green twice once you have entered the code.
How do I program my TiVo remote control to channel up?
- Hold down the TiVo and Mute buttons on the remote control at the same time until the red (or amber) light on the remote control does not blink.
- Take your hand off the end of the TiVo remote control and place it somewhere else.
- Type in the code 1999.
- The red (or amber) light will blink three times after you have entered the code, and then it will stay on indefinitely.
- Once every two seconds, press the Channel Up button.
How do I Reset my TiVo remote to factory settings?
All programmable buttons may be reset by pressing and holding the TV PWR and TiVo buttons at the same time for a few seconds, or until the activity light on the remote begins to illuminate and remains illuminated after you release the buttons. After pressing ENTER three times, press the THUMBS DOWN key three times.
How do I Turn Off the sound on my TiVo TV?
Turn down or mute the sound on your TV via the TV remote control (not the TiVo remote); once you’ve selected an A/V receiver code, the TiVo remote will control the power on your TV, but not the TV volume or mute features.
How do I use RF mode on my TiVo?
It is possible to manage your TiVo box using radio frequency (RF) mode even if it is not in direct line of sight of the remote (e.g., if it is behind a cabinet door). Press and hold the TV PWR and TiVo buttons on the remote control at the same time until the activity light on the remote control illuminates and remains illuminated after you release the buttons.