Learn how to figure out what model of Apple TV you have.
- Open the Apple TV’s Settings menu.
- Select ‘General’ from the drop-down menu.
- ‘About’ may be found by selecting it.
- Using your Apple TV remote, navigate to the ‘About’ menu.
- Ryan Ariano of Business Insider contributed to this report.
- Your model number may be found on the ‘About’ page, few lines down from the top.
Identify your model
- Make sure your settings are correct. Select Settings > General > About from the Apple TV’s Home screen, and then verify the Model number.
- Check the bottom of your Apple TV for any hidden features. Check the information sticker on the bottom of your Apple TV to find out what model it is
- Otherwise, contact Apple Support.
- Select the checkbox
Is it hard to tell the difference between different Apple TVs?
Apple, however, did a poor job of visually distinguishing the various Apple TV models from one another — at least not in an instantly visible way. As a result, distinguishing between all of Apple’s similar-looking Apple TV options may be difficult, especially when shopping on secondhand marketplaces such as eBay.
Is the Apple TV 3rd generation still available?
Apple TV devices from the first generation, second generation, and third generation are no longer available directly from Apple, however they may still be obtained on the secondhand market. Although they were excellent models when they were first introduced, we no longer suggest them since they do not support the most up-to-date technology.